Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Observations of Newport, RI

My family and I went to Newport, Rhode Island for the day yesterday, and it amazed me to see that people out there are actually making an effort towards mending our ecological problems. Maybe Beaven's attempts to change the world through his own life decisions and the novel "No Impact Man," has started to affect people in my area of the world. I've taken pictures which I will upload as soon as I get the chance of the scooters that I seen multiple people driving, which limits the amount of fossil fuel emissions going into our air. I also found a boat by the docks that runs on biodiesel fuel, which Beaven mentions in his project. It was interesting to see how I traveled outside of my town, where people aren't really accustomed to practicing an eco friendly lifestyle, and I went to this place that is known for being beautiful, and isn't it a coincidence that a lot of people are eco friendly in that area too, shouldn't that tell us something? I think it should tell us that in order to make our home environment more beautiful, and healthy for our bodies we need to practice a more eco-friendly lifestyle. It's small things like this that people notice, and think twice about as they're passing. We all need to make an attempt to make our lives better, and our neighbors lives better.

No comments:

Post a Comment