Friday, July 1, 2011
Pre-novel thoughts
Before I even began reading through this novel, I took a look at how the book was constructed, and the comments on the novel, and the content on the back of the book that gives a brief explanation about what the novel entitles. And before I even began to read a sentence, I thought about what would it be like if me and my family began to live a "no impact lifestyle." Would it even be possible to do such a thing? Of course I had been informed about certain things that I could do to save the planet, however I never really tried to make a change besides maybe using a reusable bag when I went shopping for groceries at the market with my family. Before I even read the first page, I was already excited to see what would come out of this book, how this man and his family would attempt to change the world, and could it possibly change the living style that I have been accustomed to, to this day. That's when I turned to the front page, and got prepared for knowledge of how one person and his family can make being eco friendly a habitual thing. The novel is about something that i've never really thought about besides when an eco friendly teacher may have mentioned it in class, or my aunt raved about going to Whole Foods and eating organic brands. Could a book change the way I lived, I was prepared to find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment